EXCLUSIVE: 'I would love to play London's Hyde Park': Richie Sambora hints return to Bon Jovi following bust-up over his departure

His relationship with Jon Bon Jovi has been under intense pressure recently, after it was hinted guitarist Richie Sambora had left the band's world tour due to his issues with alcohol.

However, it appears Richie is now ready to bury the hatchet with lead singer Jon.

The 53-year-old rocker tells MailOnline exclusively: 'I would love to be in London for the Hyde Park Bon Jovi show on the July 5th… Let's see what happens.'

Richie Sambora returns

Back in business: Richie Sambora has suggested that he might re-join his band Bon Jovi at their London gig in July

Richie added: 'I love my fans, I have no personal problems. I am a happy man!'

Things turned sour between the pair after Jon, 50 hinted in an interview with the Evening Standard, that Richie, 53, may have quit their latest world tour because of the same reason he quit in 2011, when he missed dates to go into rehab for alcohol abuse.

'It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something… Because all I can say is this - it’s for personal reasons,' Job Bon Jovi said.

Richie Sambora hits back

Rock buddies: Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora pictured in January this year having performed a radio gig in London

Richie Sambora hit back

Fall out boys: Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi performing at a concert benefiting The Robin Hood Relief Fund to aid the victims of Hurricane Sandy in December last year

'He's been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time.'

But Richie denied any link between his departure and his previous problems.

'I don't have any major problems in life right now, I love my fans and I feel bad for them at the moment. Bottom line' he told MailOnline.

'My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back.'

He added: 'Enough with the trash talking!'

Richie Sambora out and about

High spirits: Richie Sambora was seen out smiling as he left a restaurant in West Hollywood with his fashion partner Nikki Lund, of Nikki Rich Clothing.

Following the feud between the pair, Richie also tweeted: 'Just to be clear, I've been running the fashion company for 5 Yrs. It does not take me away from the band,I'm an artist first. Always will be.'

Bon Jovi made some harsh comments about his longtime band member Richie in the interview, comparing him to U2's The Edge to make the point that he feels Richie is replaceable.

'Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here… unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in,' he said.

He added: 'You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’

Riche Sambora hits back

Kicking off: Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi, pictured here in London earlier this year, have fallen out over Richie's decision to quit the band

Jon Bon Jovi also recently slammed Justin Bieber, labeling him “an a**hole” for showing up late to his shows.

Meanwhile, Richie has been hard at work on his new fashion line NikkiRich Clothing and currently preparing a worldwide launch.

Bon Jovi will play Hyde Park in London on Friday 5 July.

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

We are no longer accepting comments on this article.